Monday 14 September 2015

How do you feel about horror?

Horror is a very effective genre and appeals to a wide audience as, if it is delivered well, it can be suspenseful and thrilling.

 I personally love horror films however, I have not always felt this way. Horror films were never a favorite of mine whilst growing up and I believe this was hugely due to the film The Witches which was initially a novel by Roald Dahl. My parents bought the film on cassette when I was seven years old and till this day I'm still too scared the watch the film in it's entirety!



Horror films depend widely on their soundtracks and choice of music as it's the core of horror films and responsible for the element of suspense which is vital in horror. Furthermore, the unpredictability of horror films make them all the more scary, the fear of the unknown is one which is we all share and a good horror film can successfully exploit what we think of as comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment